Download the latest version of the RIOT Scan Installer (version 2.0.21).
For users running Windows XP: If you are using Windows XP, RIOT Scan will likely not work. I have discontinued Windows XP builds of RIOT Scan as it can be quite time consuming. If you need a Windows XP version, please let me know and I’ll see what I can do.
- Download and run the RIOT Scan Installer.
- The installer should place shortcuts on your desktop and in your Start Menu upon completion. You can use any of these shortcuts to run the software.
- If you are encountering errors upon running the software, you should try installing the latest .NET framework client, located here. If you are still having problems, you might try installing the full VB.net suite, as this appears to fix the problem for some individuals. All of the .NET packages are free, courtesy of Microsoft. As of the time of this writing, RIOT Scan uses .NET 4.5.2.
- In order to uninstall RIOT Scan, you can click on the uninstall link that is added to your start menu, or go to your Control Panel and find it in your “Add/Remove Programs” panel (Windows XP) or your “Programs and Features” panel (Windows Vista / Windows 7 and later).
- In order to upgrade to the latest version, you must first uninstall the old version.